On Friday afternoon, a box containing copies of my finished book, LIVE LOVE NOW, was delivered. A year ago, I was in the thick of writing it. Most days, I was unsure of whether or not I’d be able to complete this endeavor that required much more than I expected. So, after opening the box, I picked up a book, held to my chest, and took a moment to feel it all.
In one month, this work-of-heart comes into the world—a world that is far from what I expected it would be when I wrote this book.
In just a short time, so much has changed, and much is unknown, but one thing still holds true: The brave truths, the deepest needs, and the greatest hopes of the young people who inspired this book offer us a way through… together.
Sharing young people’s brave truths required me to share mine, and I quickly found it was necessary to find a place of peace where I could refuel throughout the writing process. You may recall my refuge was a wooden-bench swing where I’d sit every Wednesday while Avery had her guitar lesson.
You know what was my greatest fuel while I sat there?
Imagining YOU beside ME on that swing, as we turned to a specific page in the book.
Simultaneously, we breathed a sigh of relief: We are not alone. Together, there is hope.
It only seemed fitting to take my finished book to a swing. Luckily, there is one in walking distance of my home where my family is sheltering in place.
There, I sat and reflected. The world is not what I imagined it would be when this book arrived, but could it be possible that its message is right on time?
Could this book contain the tool adults need to be a safe haven for the young people they love?
Could this book contain the script that allows a hurting soul to feel seen and valued?
Could this book reveal the first small step someone needs to find her way back to joy?
Could it contain the lifeline needed to tether ourselves when we feel adrift?
Could it provide the 60-second breather that begins building a strong family narrative?
Could this book be a source of refuge when the world feels scary and uncertain?
Could this book be a spark that brings us closer when the gap feels wide?
My launch team is reading the book, and they are telling me the answer is yes… yes… yes.
- “I’m so grateful for the timing of this book. My daughter is going through what appears to be the darkest time of her life. LIVE LOVE NOW is guiding me every day in my interactions.”
- “Amongst the chaos and confusion, your words are a lifeline of hope and togetherness.”
- “To be reading the very words I need to guide and come alongside my people in a time such as this, feels like divine timing. This book is balm.”
- “The timing of this book is a miracle. The world needs to read this!”
- “Miss Rachel did the most important thing: she asked people my age how they were feeling, and she's telling everyone how we are feeling. And now I really believe I'm not alone in how I am feeling. I also get to learn how our parents are feeling. It really helps us to know each other better. We need to keep reading this together to help us all.” (age 12)
Yesterday, I sat on the swing with my finished book in hand, and once again, I heard the divine whisper that carried me:
“You don’t walk alone.”
It appears that message found its way onto the pages, as if knowing this book would reach us when we most need a hand to hold.
Together, there is hope.
My hand in yours. I love you.
If you are planning to purchase LIVE LOVE NOW and are able to do so before the book releases, that would be a tremendous help. Pre-orders are the most powerful way to let retailers and media know about this unique resource that is so relevant to the challenges we are currently facing. Thank you SO MUCH for your support. The book is currently available at:
Barnes & Noble
SIGNED COPIES (while they last!): Avery and I spent 2 months making the signed pages extra special with decorations love. Order here before they are gone.
PRE-ORDER BONUSES – Don’t forget to grab your pre-order gifts. This includes 4 powerful connection tools and a 21-day self-care audio series that people are loving! Click here to redeem.